Delta Environmental Centre is a private, independent non-profit organisation (established in 1975) that aims, through innovative education and training programmes and consultation, to enable people to improve the quality of their environment by promoting the management and sustainable use of all resources, in line with the South African Constitution.
• To create an awareness about environmental issues by imparting / sharing appropriate knowledge;
• To introduce new, and enhance existing participants’ skills;
• To develop responsible values and attitudes towards the environment; and
• To encourage participation in environmental “action” projects.
To contribute meaningfully to the transformation of our communities by empowering the disempowered as an extension of the Doxa Deo dream.
To achieve our vision through:
• The delivery of market related skills and competencies through cost-effective training,
• Personal restoration of lives,
• Job placement/Entrepreneurship/Job Creation and
• The provision of medical and social services.
• To decrease the unemployment rate in South Africa
• To spread the DreamWorker model across South Africa
• To give individuals a sense of purpose, dignity, and the realisation of dreams
• To lead debate and policy regarding the issue of unemployment.
• To get as many people working as possible
• To conduct one-on-one interviews, assess CVs, verify references and find work opportunities
• To provide worker readiness support and mentorship
• To grow DreamWorker’s work creation programme - Link of Love
• To provide information and statistics on unemployment.